<  MSA Regional Sprint Challenge  ~  2013 Challenge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 23Location: CaithnessJoined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:29 pm
Does anyone know if there is a challenge this year at Kirkiston?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:51 am
User avatarPosts: 383Location: EdinburghJoined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:24 pm
Colin, I believe there is. I think Lesley Sheridan was looking for volunteers via facebook whilst flatchat was down..so might be worth contacting her.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 359Location: North of ScotlandJoined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:36 pm
Here's a thought...who won the challenge?'....what we're the scores.....where's next year's challenge taking place

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:24 pm
Managed to get a copy of the Regional Challenge Results

1st Assoc of Northern Ireland CC 2 - 30.0 points
2nd Assoc of NICC 1 - -0.79 points
3rd Assoc of Northern CC - -6.66 points
4th Scottish Assoc of CC - -20.15 points
5th Assoc of South Western MC - -27.51
6th Assoc of West Midland MC - -45.93
7th Assoc of South Eastern MC - -177.18

The rules seem to be decided by whoever is hosting the event and this one at Kirkiston was different from the ones that SACC ran

The 2014 event will be run by Association of South Western MC (somewhere in the Bristol, Gloucester area). Don't have a date yet

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 359Location: North of ScotlandJoined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:36 pm
Thanks,surprised we never had these posted after the event? Pity it's gone back down South, we will have to have raiding party next season

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:45 am
User avatarPosts: 902Location: Southport, MerseysideJoined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:33 pm
I actually think it is a fairer proposition to move the event round the country. It means that the local advantage doesn't become a stumbling block to getting entries.

Steve Wilkinson - aka SPRINTMAN
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 950Location: EnglandshireJoined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:00 pm
Personaly I like the idea of the winning association being offered the opportunity to stage the event the following year.
If they have made the effort to travel potentially the length of the country and win then it make sense to award them a "home" event.

Yes, however holding it continually in one location could strain potential entries, I suggest simply not being allowed to hold the event two years in a row rather than a strict rotation each year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:36 am
User avatarPosts: 902Location: Southport, MerseysideJoined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:33 pm
SportsLibre wrote:
Personaly I like the idea of the winning association being offered the opportunity to stage the event the following year.
If they have made the effort to travel potentially the length of the country and win then it make sense to award them a "home" event.

Yes, however holding it continually in one location could strain potential entries, I suggest simply not being allowed to hold the event two years in a row rather than a strict rotation each year.

Sounds an even better idea! :D

Steve Wilkinson - aka SPRINTMAN
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:10 am
User avatarPosts: 1809Location: InverebrieJoined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:56 pm
I have copy of the rules issued by the MSA Regional Committee. Unless they have been changed since, they state that the winning region will be offered the opportunity to host next year... If I new how, I would post the full PDF file here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 am
User avatarPosts: 1809Location: InverebrieJoined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:56 pm
Hopefully the upload worked....