<  Newcomers  ~  I have no idea what i am doing. Please help

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 615Location: AberdeenJoined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:47 pm
MurrayN wrote:
Samalam. wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up.

My MSA license has been applied for. I saw in the 'getting started' article, the recommendation to join local motoring clubs. Are any of you guys members? what are the benefits? The most popular seemed to be the ADMC.

Aside from recieving my MSA license, and getting my car checked for the relevant class, and purchasing the safety gear, am i ready to enter? :lol:

To be honest you should have waited to apply for a license until the new year. The one you have applied for will no doubt run out Dec 31st this year. :(

If you ever wanted to run the Beemer, which i hope you do! you will have to gain a Nat A open License. You start on Nat B and have to get 4 COC signatures, send license away to get Nat A then do the same again to gain a Nat A open.

But if the beemer is road legal, MOT etc then you dont need a Nat A open :)

Murray

Pray tell me why he would need a open nat A for the beemer? When a Nat A will suffice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:36 am
Posts: 102Location: The NorthJoined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:01 pm
The Beemer would need to go into C3 so regulation S 7.1.5 of the 2012 MSA Blue Book would apply.

I think the best option would be A3 for the Impreza but he would need to comply with the regulations. Best person to talk to is Rob McKinna(Championship eligibility Scrutineer). PM me and I will put you in contact with him.

Cheers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 am
Trevor, The Beemer is over 2000cc. And in a libre class that means Nat A open. Blue book page 319 S7.1.5 :)

EDIT. See Graemes post above. Teaches me to work instead of posting a reply :lol:

Murray

Last edited by MurrayN on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 am
User avatarBroken BlokePosts: 3524Location: Old AberdeenJoined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:39 pm
GB wrote:
Best person to talk to is Rob McKinna (Championship eligibility Scrutineer).

Rob is a super fella and will be delighted to help in any way he can. From the blue book ...

Cheers,

Eric :)

they make up their minds to be.
"

Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)
Offline Profile