<  Newcomers  ~  Newcomer £10k car budget

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 pm
Maybe left it a bit late to get a car for the start of the season but am seriously thinking of getting a vehicle to go hillclimbing/sprinting. But which car and which Class? I have a road going Westfield but dont intend to use that so am looking for a car under £10k. I want the car to be reasonably competitive so any 'slowness' is down to me. With a limited budget I dont want to be in a Class where results are directly related to the amount of cash you throw at it.
Also I am not a 'slim Jim' so need to be mindful of the power to all up weight ratio
I think I am veering towards A8 or D1
Anyway I thought I would ask the question or get some pointers
Thanks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 311Location: MorayJoined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:04 pm
Hi,

I would first have a go in your Westfield, then you'll have an idea of what class you 'd like to continue.

John

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 1012Location: AberdeenJoined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:47 pm
Scott's Fiesta?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4809

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:01 am
User avatarPosts: 477Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:46 pm
Scott's Fiesta also occurred to me last night, but I kept quiet as it's guaranteed to blow us all away again in class C0....!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 30Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:52 am
Why not cut your teeth in A9 with an MX5?
Great close racing.

You could build a competitive car from scratch and do the whole season and be left with plenty of money from that budget.

Check out www.eunosecosse.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:23 pm
Posts: 41Location: East KilbrideJoined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 pm
Definitely agree with D4nc - MX5 - mk 1 or 2 - doesn't matter - bags of fun for very little outlay. A great bunch of guys and a girl! You won't even make a dent in your budget and after a season you can decide whether to stay or get something with more HP. Its not all about power though - driver skill is where its at - and there are a few well built chaps hustling these wee cars round faster than you would believe! We have our own class in the Lowland championships so A9 for some level playing field racing. Only limited mods allowed so it really is down to the driver. Great fun and a smashing wee car to play with.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:49 am
User avatarCuddlesome ChapPosts: 794Location: Muchalls/LuandaJoined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:57 am
Oddly enough I am planning on getting a car to do a few events this year, and possbibly a full season next year, and have been considering a MX5.